free book giveaway
There are a couple different contests going on right now, and with so much excitement, things can get a little confusing. Let me clear things up.
Contest #1: Olive Stickers to support Casting 4 a Cure
This isn’t so much a contest, rather than a friendly competition to raise a little money for a great cause. I’m selling Olive the Woolly Bugger stickers for $3.00 each: of that, $1.50 goes directing to Casting 4 a Cure to fund research and support for the International Rett Syndrome Foundation. The other $1.50 covers the cost of printing and postage. The person who places the largest order of stickers as of October 4th 2010 will win a pair of Optic Nerve sunglasses (A $100 value). All you have to do to enter into the competition is click on over to Myflies.com and purchase a sticker. BTW, a sticker will look great on your drift boat, fishing rig, or tricycle.
October is National Rett Syndrome Awareness Month, so what a perfect time to buy an Olive sticker and contribute to such a worthy cause. Stickers will continue to be sold foe the good cause after the contest concludes.
Contest #2: Book Giveaway – 2 Free sets of Olives
I’ve created a little scavenger hunt of sorts for anyone to enter. There is no cost, other than a few minutes of your time. If you answer the questions correctly your name will be thrown into my lucky fishing hat. Two names will be drawn, and those lucky folks will each receive a set of three Olive fly fishing books for kids. Contest ends September 30, 2010 so hurry! Contest rules can be found HERE.
Word of mouth is perhaps the best form of advertising I can think of. I’m confident that once people read the books, even if they don’t know a thing about fly fishing, they’ll be hooked on Olive. And my hope is that after reading and enjoying the books these same people will recommend them to their friends.
In order to make some new fans for Olive, I’m offering a free set of books for those who play along with my contest here. It’s a scavenger hunt of sorts, so it does require a little bit of your time.
Here are the rules:
1. Successfully find the correct answers to the questions below.
2. Leave your answers in the comments section of this blog.
3. Contest ends September 30, 2010
4. I will draw the names of 2 winners. Each winner will be sent a set of autographed books.
5. You must tell your friends about Olive the Woolly Bugger!
Here are the questions:
1. Go to the Olive website. Name the titles for all three books.
2. Go to the Examiner review for the Olive books. In this review the name of Olive’s new friend in the third book is revealed. What is the name of her new friend?
3. Go to this page of the Olive website. List the most popular 3 colors of the woolly bugger.
4. Go to the Fishy Kid website. In the list of contributing artists, name the 10th artist featured on the list.
5. Go to this page of the Olive website. How many fun, free pages can you download for your kids to enjoy?
6. In this blog article, according to the Outdoor Foundation, fishing is the top…____________________?
7. Go to this page of the Olive website. Proceeds from book sales go to support two groups. List those groups.
8. Go to this page of the Olive website. Click the KONG 6/16. In the interview it is revealed that I fish with both my son and my daughter: True or False?
9. Go to this page for the publisher of the Olive books. All three Olive books are on the publisher’s bestseller list. What positions do they occupy on the list?
10. In this review on Midcurrent, the reviewer’s children preferred reading Olive to watching what TV show?
Thanks for playing along, and good luck!