fly fishing map
This is Part 4 in a series of sponsor spotlights to shout out to the companies that helped make the Olive the Woolly Bugger iPad app a possibility. The app is available in the App Store, here, and right now during the month of December the app is on sale for only $1.
1. Business Name: FlyFishMap.com
2. Your title/position: (Ed Burgass) Founder/Owner
3. Services Offered: FlyFishMap is a google maps mashup collating fly fishing information from around the world. It’s been in beta for 3 years now and during that time, we’ve learnt a lot about the market and made lots of connections largely through social media. The new version we are planning will certainly reflect that experience. It will contain improved functionality, more social media integration, enhanced mapping solutions, improved browser and platform compatibility and more interesting services for fly fishing businesses to promote themselves.
We hope to have this out in early 2013 so stay tuned.
4. How long have you been in business/worked for your current company? 3 years.
5. What made you decide to become a sponsor of the Olive the Woolly Bugger iPad app? I love what Kirk has been trying to achieve with the Olive brand and think the books are great…it’s blatantly a great way of introducing kids to fly fishing and showing them some of the core principles of responsible fly fishing in a fun way. The iPad just seems like the perfect platform for the books, kids love iPads and the interactivity just adds another dimension to the printed product.
So I thought it was a great opportunity to support a brilliant idea and FlyFishMap is proud to be associated with the Olive iPad app.
Thank you to FlyFishMap for being a sponsor. Please check out their website, spend a little time looking around and seeing what it’s about.